Saturday 3 October 2015

Hello Autumn





























Today was the first proper Autumn day after recent days of sunshine and quite balmy weather. It was cool, it was misty and there were fallen leaves and conkers everywhere ! I couldn't resist gathering a little collection to take some bright jolly pictures of.

We've had a super productive day today. We went into town to get some meat and bones from the butcher, then did our main food shop, got home and cleaned upstairs whilst doing two loads of laundry including all the bed linen, walked the dogs, then made a huge batch of tomato soup ! And it's not even teatime. 

I have to share this with you but vegetarians and vegans please look away now !



We always buy bones from the butcher for our girls but look how much meat is left on these ones ! So lovely hubby boiled a few of them up to make a rich stock for our stews etc. This is another great source of free food.

To get away from the ugliness of seeing animal carcases, here is a picture of my tomato soup which is just D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S, even if I do say so myself ;) And of course it's gluten-free, yeast-free and dairy-free ...



I shall spend the remainder of the afternoon curled up on the sofa with the girls in front of the fire. I have a glass of Merlot on the side and my latest issues of Country Living and Country Homes & Interiors magazines. What could be better ?

I hope you're all having a great weekend.

Fiona x


6 comments:

  1. Wow you have been a busy girl again, you deserve a nice relaxing afternoon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I hope you've found some time to relax too xx

      Delete
  2. sounds like a perfect day :) i love country hoes and interiors magazine too, every now and then as my treat :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite magazine - I have it on subscription :) xx

      Delete
  3. me too,can't afford subscription yet but maybe eventually :)
    I'm pleased you knew what I meant, I prefer country HOMES to country hoes haha: )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos of Autumn such gorgeous colours. I have to say I love receiving my Country living magazine in the post each month it was the only way I could afford to read it each month :-) Its the only magazine I have ever subscribed to but I love it. dee x

    ReplyDelete