Sunday 14 February 2016

Pancakes & Teddy Bears

Frosty snowdrops in the churchyard



Things That Have Made Me Happy This Week


Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday - I had mine with maple syrup and lemon

Watercolour skies on my journeys to and from work

An adorable teddy bear which I got for the bargain price of 49p ! He was supposed to be £2.99 but had a second tag on for 49p. I named him Digby

Visiting my friend Nancy yesterday at her care home and seeing her well and in good spirits

Our blue hyacinths doubled in height this week. Yesterday I decided to cut them and put them in a jug

Jack Frost visited this morning and the girls and I had a lovely walk on crunchy ground, seeing the wonderful swirly frost patterns

Pizza and our favourite wine for tea last night

Snowdrops and crocuses - Spring is finally on its way

Finding another lovely jigsaw in Oxfam - pictures to follow !

My new prescription swimming goggles - hopefully I'll be able to swim better now I can leave my glasses behind and see where I'm going underwater

A new friendship blossoming ? One of my lovely blog followers and I have decided to exchange jigsaws - this could be the start of a wonderful new friendship


Digby



Brompton churchyard

Mini daffodils in the churchyard


Lucy


Whiskers was barking because I was trying to take a photo of Lucy !

Lucy


A frozen dog paw print !

Whiskers








I hope you've all have a good week. Here's to another one next week and for many of you it's half-term !

Stay warm and cosy,

Fiona x

11 comments:

  1. A lovely simple and satisfying week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post. Your teddy was a bargain at that price, he is a handsome fellow too. It is lovely when we make real-life friends with bloggy friends, one of the unexpected joys of blogging. A fellow jigsaw fan sounds perfect for you! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. I agree, it has been wonderful meeting like-minded people through blogging. I hope you had a good weekend x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely bear you found. I love your hyacinth blooms :). Hope you have had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was from Oxfam and brand new and untouched. I can't believe I got him for 49p! I had a lovely weekend, hope you did too x

      Delete
  4. Some lovely photos. What a gorgeous teddy bear and at a bargain price x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your happy week post and looking at the lovely photos. Looking forward to the jigsaw swap, I am planning a trip to the Post Office tomorrow hopefully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos :-) I especially love frosty dog walks, your photos are beautiful, such happy woofs! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of wonderful things to be thankful and happy for there :-) Lovely photo's hasn't it been great the past couple of days sunshine and frost to walk the dogs out :-) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your comments lovely ladies, I do appreciate them :) x

    ReplyDelete