Thursday 2 July 2015

Reasons to be Happy

I'm pleased to say that I've had a good first two days in my new job, having been off work for nearly two months. It's hard to get back into a fixed routine having pleased myself for weeks about what time I got up, when I walked the dogs and what I did in between. But the bills need paying and it's reassuring to know that I am earning again.

Last night we spent a wonderful evening in the garden, inhaling the scent of the sweetpeas and tomato plants and watching the swifts duck and dive in the sky above us. We stayed out until ten o'clock when it started to get dusky and my hayfever got the better of me.

This evening we also stayed in the garden, having our supper of smoked trout, new potatoes and spinach (both home grown) and enjoying a glass of Prosecco and watching re-runs of MASH on t.v. - one of our favourite programmes. It was super relaxed and a perfect way to end the week (almost !).

Although I'll only have worked three days this week, I'll be glad for the weekend tomorrow evening when I can get back to my flower pressing, card making and baking (amongst other things) and spend more time with my girls :)

Whiskers & Lucy enjoying the evening garden

Whiskers

Whiskers with a shell from our shell path

Dorothy

Our blackcurrants are ripening well !

Our first strawberries from the allotment !





No comments:

Post a Comment