|The Nutcracker Ballet|
Well, we have all survived the first week of January. I think we've done well. I hope you've all had a good week. For me it was back to work and back to Tai Chi, swimming and personal trainer classes. I was very glad when Friday evening rolled around !
Here are a few things which have made me happy this week:-
- Before Christmas I decided to start collecting vintage baubles and Christmas decorations ready for next Christmas. OK, so I got a bit carried away and bought four 'lots' on Ebay ! They arrived this week and are stunning - like little jewels. Their bright colours really cheered my heart.
- Listening to The Nutcracker ballet music in my car to and from work.
- Seeing our girls' happiness at getting their Friday evening treat of pigs ears.
- Putting the twinkle lights back up over our fireplace. It was much too dark and miserable without them !
- Wearing socks handmade by my sweet friend Khira in Finland :)
- Going out today to The Queen Catherine in Osmotherley for lunch - fish, chips and mushy peas followed by banoffee pie. Oh, it really doesn't get any better (and here's to not being on a diet in January).
- Baking a winter spice tea loaf cake in my 'new' kitchen, with the twinkly lights on and the girls for company.
- Visiting my friend Nancy on Monday at her care home and seeing another friend tomorrow morning for tea and cake.
- Finally writing a long letter to my Bristol-based friend, Sarah. I hope the letter arrived today ...
- Cadbury's creme eggs. Yes, we are those awful people who buy Easter eggs at times of the year other than Easter. It's Lovely Hubby's fault - he now has me hooked again !
|Baking a spiced winter tea loaf cake|
|Spiced winter tea loaf cake, fresh from the oven|
What has made you happy this week ?