Saturday 13 June 2015

Vintage Treasures

The last few weeks have been great for picking up vintage treasures from our local Sue Ryder and Oxfam shops and from Ebay. I started with the most wonderful object ... our rocking horse, Giddy Up. He's made from a beautiful chestnut brown fabric and his body is stuffed tight with straw. His mane and tail are made from rope and his bridle and saddle are made from leather-effect plastic. 


I made his rosette myself out of an old coaster, some craft supplies and red ribbon ! 







Since then I've also picked up these wonderful Enid Blyton books (I love the covers !) ...






... and this adorable porcelain sausage dog which I purchased on Ebay for a mere £2.50 plus postage ! I love a bargain :)





My china shelf in the kitchen is bursting at the seams ... 





The most recent purchase was the Edward VIII Coronation mug. Of course the coronation never took place because Edward abdicated. So all those mugs went to waste ! I picked mine up for a couple of pounds at Oxfam in Thirsk. 






The teapot I purchased on Ebay for a few pounds too. Today I made a pot of Assam in it but I'm afraid I brewed it for too long. Who said the pot should get a spoon too ?!!






Clothes for me are always a rare find at charity shops. I never seem to have a lot of luck. But I did find this stunning La Redoute blouse and a couple of matching necklaces from Oxfams in Thirsk and Northallerton ...





Fingers crossed for more good finds in the future !

No comments:

Post a Comment